Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE)
HSSE is an integral part of Tokheim’s business. Our management teams, at all levels, are directly involved in the development of HSSE objectives at an individual and organisational level. Tokheim uses a common set of rules, guidelines and reporting tools to help ensure a high level of professionalism and adherence to both local and global standards wherever we operate. We have a strict selection policy and training programmes for all our contractors. Our goal for ‘zero accidents’ aims to ensure a safer environment for our staff, our clients and their end-users.
- HSEQ policy and rules are the first pages of forecourt manual, distributed to each technician.
- Risk Control HSE Programme is maintained.
- Each department Head have HSE responsibilty.
- Training by professional HSE Risk Control personnel.
- The HSE Committee to reduce adverse Health effects, accidents and equipment damage.
- Job Safety Instructions, for safety analysis, safe written work procedures and Safety Rules and communicated to all personnel.
- Personnel Health and Safety equipment is provided for all personnel requiring such protection.
- The HSE programme will be strongly supported by management and employees alike.
Our certifications include:
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System
- SANAS 10378 Accredited Verification Laboratory
- SABS 1650 Dispenser Specification
- SANS 1020:2003 Electrical Components Specification
Tokheim’s Sales and Service Divisions share common risks and hazards in fuel-retailing. As such, our HSSE country managers work closely with each other and our central organisation to share problems, solutions, equipment and “lessons learned” reports from accidents, incidents and near-miss reports. All of this is vital to ensure that once the cause of any accident is identified, it is not repeated across the Tokheim organisation and that we share the experience and corrective actions agreed openly with our clients and partners. Tokheim’s Global Working Procedures on the working requirements on site are further augmented through the application of local laws and best-practices to ensure that the highest possible standards of safety are followed, regardless of the country of operation.
Zero Accidents. Zero Compromise.
Our safety culture is embedded across our Management, Sales & Service Divisions and Partners. Based on the strategic company goal of “Zero Accidents”, the Tokheim philosophy is that no accident is acceptable, and that investigation, root cause and learning’s from accidents are at the heart of positive change. Our HSSE community ensure this belief is used to understand and share important safety information, not only for Tokheim, but other contractors, site operators and others affected by forecourt operations.
Common Goals. Common Reporting.
Near miss reporting lies at the heart of Tokheim’s proactive approach to safety management, with employees submitting reports of potential hazards. These reports are shared with our customers in order for them to take action to rectify defects on their own premises and are also reported internally for logging and analysis. Expanding the use and ability of our service database, Kimoce, has allowed Tokheim to ensure local reports will be able to be accessed, downloaded and submitted to clients expeditiously. This allows for better trend analysis and prompts global action on common local issues.